Disclaimer: I fully am borrowing/copying/reusing/whatever you want to say this idea from a friend, Jessica Lawlor (if you haven’t had a peek at her blog, you’re missing out!), but I absolutely think that this is beneficial for my own sanity and productivity. Thanks for the inspiration, Jess!
Monthly Check-In: Hello December.
Alright, so this is another thing that I’m hoping to get started with and continue with from here on out. Will anyone read it? Unsure. Do I care? Nope. It’s nice to just get my thoughts out of my head and into a more permanent outlet.
At the beginning of each month, I’ll be putting a list together as a sort of personal check in of where I was, where I am, and where I want to be. Three highlights from the previous month and three goals for the upcoming. It’ll be good for me to keep all these ideas I have in check and also keep me on track to get things done! I’m sure that after a few of these posts cycle through, it’ll also be fun to take a look back and see how things have shaped up. So here goes nothing!
In November, I…
- Made some progress towards future changes– more details on these later! But for now, let’s just say that I conquered some big challenges and am proud of myself for getting in foot in the door. I sometimes get stuck in my comfort zone and like to play it safe, but it’s always refreshing when I challenge myself a bit- even if the outcome isn’t perfect!
- Started a great new project at work. Over the course of the next couple of months, I’m going to be developing what I’m currently calling the Lehigh Valley Ale Trail. We have a Wine Trail which is super successful, so I thought why shouldn’t we tap into the beer market as well? I’m looking forward to seeing this project through from start to finish, and getting to collaborate with some great people along the way.
- Did a bit of traveling and was lucky enough to catch up with one wonderful friends. I’m always down for an adventure- whether it be birthdays, concerts, or just for fun (or all of the above!). Getting to explore cities that I love and getting to know new ones has to be one of my favorite things, and sometimes I forget how lucky I am that I’m able to do it at the drop of a hat. Almost as lucky as I am to count on some great people to be there for me no matter what!
In December, I…
- Will be continuing to conquer the Runner’s World Holiday Running Streak. If you know me, you know that I hate to run, but that I would love to change that. A few friends inspired me to get my butt moving with this, so here goes nothing! The challenge is to run at least one mile a day from Thanksgiving Day to New Year’s Day. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but I’ve five days in and am already feeling it! Going without any rest days will be hard, but I’m hoping to instill some good habits to kick off 2014!
- Am going to try to become a morning person. To go get the aforementioned goal completed, I’m going to have to rework my schedule a bit. I sometimes go through phases where I want to wake up early and drag my butt to the gym, but it’s time that I make those phases into some solid habits! Running in the morning might feel like a huge chore when I’m getting up, but it’ll be great to have it out of the way and done for the day.
- Am going to do my best to keep up with this blog– and maybe even gain a small readership! As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve totally been a slacker since I started this whole thing. So many things have happened in the last few months and it just got pushed farther and farther down the list. I’ve missed writing, even if it’s just a quick blurb here and there. Hopefully some of these habits that I’m trying to start will catch and things will become easier, and I’m sure that the overall purpose of this blog will shift as well!