There are few things better than waking up to snow and a text that says to work from home for the day. I figured there’s no better reason to take a second and check in on what’s been going on in the last month. I feel like January flew by, I can’t believe that February is here already!
In January I…
- Revisited my roots in dance studio life when I started teaching a few classes at a local studio! It feels like it’s been forever since I was teaching regularly, but the girls in my classes are great. Each week, I feel like a little bit more comes back to me and I’m excited to get started on their recital dances soon!
- Made some more progress on a big project at work. A few months ago, I started creating the Lehigh Valley Ale Trail, and I’m happy to say that we’ve really made some great progress on the development of the website. We’re hoping to have it completely ready to launch by the time that Lehigh Valley Beer Week rolls around- I know I’m excited for people to see what we’ve been working on!
- Worked to develop an actual schedule for adult-like tasks. I always feel like I end up doing laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping all in one afternoon because I put it off for as long as possible until I can’t handle it any longer- but I’ve started breaking away from this trend. As I start to add even more things to my schedule, I need to continue to do this so that I don’t get too bogged down. I’ve slowly been getting better at doing little by little instead of all at once, but it’s definitely something I need to work on! I think that in the long run, I’ll be much happier if I commit to a schedule, even it’s just week by week.
In February I will…
- Continue teaching, and even start at a second studio! Tomorrow will be my first day teaching at a second studio- assuming that the weather cooperates. I’m definitely challenging myself a bit with these- lots of hip hop classes! But regardless, I’m excited to meet a new group of students and be dancing even more often.
- Make a consistent effort to make it to more yoga classes. Every time I get my butt to class, I remember how great I feel after practicing. This month, I’m really going to try as hard as I can to make it out to at least two classes a week- if not more! There are some great teachers in the area and I really need to start taking advantage of having them so nearby.
- Head to New York for the NY Times Travel Expo for the second year. I went to this trade show last year as well, and am excited to head back for a second round. I think if I had a nickel for every time I explained where the Lehigh Valley was, I could probably pay a month’s worth of rent! I always look forward to a weekend in the city so I can catch up with friends that I don’t get to see as often!
February might be a short month, but it’s definitely not lacking in things to accomplish! I won’t argue with these snow days that let me sit at home and work from my bed (especially as I’m battling this brutal cough/cold/grossness). Stay warm!