Whoa, that last month flew by. Here we are on June 2, and I already have every single weekend booked up solid with dance recitals, mini trips, football games, and more. I can’t wait for July to roll around just so that I can breathe.
Lots of things happened in the whirlwind that was May, but I’ve pulled out a couple highlights.
In May, I…
- Kicked off dance recital season! One of the studios I teach at had their recital this past weekend. After months of preparation in rehearsals, it was great to see my choreography up on stage. I’m super proud of my students- they have accomplished so much this year! I know that I really challenge them in class, but I think it all paid off in the end. I’m so happy to be dancing lots and lots!
- Said goodbye to one of the biggest influences in my life. My dance teacher from home sadly lost his battle with brain cancer in May. I’m fortunate that I haven’t really had to deal with much loss in my life, but this was really something that hit home for me. As I made the trip home for the services, I saw so many faces that I haven’t seen in so long, I just wish it would have been under better circumstances. I know that he is in a better place now, tap dancing while he watches down on all of us.
- Turned 24, and began a new long-term project. I had an awesome birthday, thanks to the girls on my dance team. Of course, spending the day inside a football arena isn’t ideal but we sure made the best of it! In honor of my birthday, I kicked off a new project: 101 goals in 1001 days. Over the next two and a half years, I’m going to work to check off every single item on my list. When I was writing it, I did my best to keep everything super realistic. I’d love to check off all the boxes ahead of schedule!
In June, I…
- Will finish my second full season with my dance team. Our last game is June 28, and I can’t wait to perform our final dances (I love them both). It’s definitely been a season of ups and downs, but I think that in the end we’ve really come together as a great group of friends. I’m so happy that I decided to audition last year- I don’t know what I would do without these girls!
- Finish a whirlwind of recitals. The studio I teach at has their recitals the third weekend of June, but I will also be heading home to see my old dance studio’s recital as well as another studio here. At the end of the season, I’ll total out at five different shows. Crazy!
- Get my butt in gear with a 30 day ab challenge. The workouts start out pretty easy, but increase in reps each day. I’ve done monthly challenges like this before, and it’s always a great test to see how much I can keep myself in check! Here’s to gearing up for bikini season in the sun…
Cheers to the start of a new month… hopefully one that is filled with plenty of sunshine and good times!