July?! How did this even happen? This summer is absolutely going to fly by. And with every weekend in July already filled with things to do, there’s no slowing down now.
In June I…
- Wrapped up two dance-related things. Fist, I finished out the season at the other dance studio I teach at. Recital week was exhausting but I was super proud of how well my students did. I also closed out my second season with the Precious Metal Dance Team. I’m so thankful that I decided to audition for the team last year, the girls I dance with have become the best of friends. The Steelhawks even won their final home game and are playoff bound!
- Helped plan and organize the fourth annual Tourism Marketing Day at work. Each June, we host a morning full of seminars for our partners and unveil our Sales and Marketing Plan for the upcoming fiscal year. This year, I played a bigger hand in the organization of the event, and we had our biggest attendance ever- almost fifty more than last year!
- Celebrated the start of the World Cup with Lehigh Valley SoccerFest. Throughout the tournament, there’s been a giant screen over at SteelStacks to show all the games. The first USA game brought an attendance of over 8,000 people and the second game brought over 10,000. We’ll be bringing the screen back for the USA game this week, and I’m sure the excitement will be even bigger than ever!
In July I will…
- Hop a plane for a mini-getaway. My family always vacations in Myrtle Beach, SC but it’s been a few years since I’ve made it down. This year, I’m heading away for a few days to enjoy the sun and sand. I’m excited to relax and spend time with my family. My friend Molly will also be joining us, so it’ll be nice to catch up with her too!
- Roadtrip with the girls up to Buffalo for a night. We’re going to see City & Colour, Young the Giant, and Tokyo Police Club. I’ve never been to Buffalo, so it’ll be nice to explore a new city.
- Run my first 5k in quite a while. Kelly and I will be participating in the Color FunFest 5k at CocaCola Park in Allentown on July 12. This race offers both a daytime color run and a nighttime one as well. Kelly and I are going to give the night run a shot since we’ve done so many daytime color runs in the past. Thanks to the Color FunFest staff for asking me to cover the event!
Hopefully, July will also give me some time to breathe… and maybe even (finally) finish unpacking and organizing my house. Happy summer!