Summer? Where did you go?! I feel like
this summer this whole year has just flown by. I can’t believe it’s already August! July was jam-packed with trips, work, and just enough time to breathe and relax.
In July, I…
- Ventured on two mini vacations. The first to Buffalo with Amanda for an amazing show with City & Colour (we even caught the set list). We even had some spare time to detour up to Finger Lakes win country & to Niagara Falls! My second trip was down to Myrtle Beach with Molly and my family. It was great to relax on the beach for a few (short) days, and to catch up with Molly too!
- Dealt with some personal drama. Realizing that something you felt good about suddenly disappears is never easy. No one likes to have the carpet pulled out from under their feet, but in the end it’s all for the better. I’m left feeling more confident in myself and what I want for my future.
- Volunteered with a local cheerleading organization. Me and another girl from my dance team led a dance clinic with the Bethlehem Raiders Youth Cheerleading organization. It was great to lend a hand! I always love doing activities in the community, especially when we have the chance to interact with some young fans. Read a little more about my experience here.
In August, I will…
- Celebrate my first Musikfest as a Bethlehem resident! I always love Musikfest- you really can’t beat food, beer, and free live music spread all over the town. This year, I’m nestled right in the heart of the action in downtown Bethlehem and I can’t wait to spend more time ‘festing! Concert schedule is set and ready to go.
- Wrap up a summer of dance classes. I only had a few classes to teach this summer, but I am ready and raring to go for fall! Lately, I feel like every song I hear would make the perfect dance.
- Find at least one more opportunity to head to the beach… hopefully. I have seriously been slacking in my time in the sunshine and that is something that needs to be remedied before the summer is gone. The Jersey Shore is calling my name!
Here’s to a fresh start of another productive month! Savor that summer sun while it lasts.