Time to take a break from the #Writing101 Challenge and step back into one of my regular posts here. Thank to all those who have been reading along and providing feedback!
For you newbies, here’s what I’ve got going on. At the start of each month, I take a look back at the past few weeks and highlight three things that I accomplished, as well as three goals/highlights from the month to come. It’s a nice way for me to check in and see how things have progressed over time.
October! One of my favorite months. I love all things fall, so this is my time to shine. The leaves are just starting to change over, I focus way too much attention on them on my drives to the studio in the Poconos!
September kicked off the start of the school year, well the dance year for me. It’s also one of our busiest times as we head into deadline for the Visitors Guide here at work. Of course, I still found some time for fun while adjusting to my new (read: unbelievably busy) schedule.
In September, I …
- Bounced around with friends. Amanda, Arenda and I ventured down to SkyZone in Levittown on Labor Day for an open bounce. Essentially, its an arena of all trampolines. We flipped around for an hour, and I definitely was feeling it the next day! After our bounce session, we bopped into the city for an early dinner and drinks. All in all, a pretty good labor day! (Check out my attempt with Hyperlapse at SkyZone!)
- Broke out my ballet shoes. As I mentioned, September kicked off the start of the season at the dance studio. This year, I’m teaching all sorts of ages, including a ballet portion with two classes. I’m also in the midst of some awesome dances to take to competition later in the year- I can’t wait to see how they turn out!
- Made some moves on being an ‘adult.’ That might sound silly, but it feels pretty legitimate. I paid off a credit card, started more aggressive payments on my student loans, and packed more lunches than I ever have before. I’m finally starting to come to terms with a budget instead of just spending blindly paycheck to paycheck. Baby steps.
- (bonus!) Attended my first-ever NFL game! If you know me, you know I love football…especially my Giants. I was thrilled when Kelly invited me to come along to the home opener with her, and the Giants won!
In October, I…
- Get to reunite with Molly. She’s actually mid-flight as I’m typing this now! She’s visiting through the weekend, and I’m excited to have her in town. We’re going back to our roots with some Timeflies shows (Kelly is joining us too!) and just taking some time to catch up. I’ll be playing tour guide not only for my hometown, but also in Philly too.
- Will start my third season with the Precious Metal Dance Team. We’ve got auditions coming up towards the end of the month, and I’m excited to get back in the studio with the girls. The team is associated with an indoor football team, and we’ll be moving into the brand-new arena in Allentown this year. Lots of changes, but all good ones!
- Will wrap up planning on our Annual Meeting at work. I’ve been working on this project for the last few months, and am ready for the event to be a hit. RSVPs are rolling in (slowly but surely) and we’re making the final adjustments on details for the night. It’s my company’s 30th Anniversary, so we’re making the annual meeting into a bit of a birthday bash- a throwback back to 1984 when it was founded. It’s a big twist on the norm, but it’ll be fun!
Here’s hoping for some very fall-like weather soon!