A Monday back from a holiday weekend and the start of a new month sounds like a pretty big breath of fresh air to me today.
Thanksgiving has come and gone. It was nice to see some family, and of course to take on the crowds of Black Friday (although they were a bit sparse this year). The holiday weekend was still packed with things to do, including the Turkey Trot 5k, a photo shoot, and more. At least we had time to put up a majority of our Christmas decorations around the house!
Now that I’m back on track with a full work week ahead, it’s time to look at some of the things that I’ve been working on over the last month, as well as some things that I’ve got planned for December.
November was a quiet month for me here, but I promise that there are some things in the works to make this project a much more regular thing.
In November, I…
- Got down to business at the gym. Having the new facility at the arena down the street is the biggest blessing- lunchtime workouts have become my saving grace. I love coming back to the office after a quick (but efficient!) trip to the gym feeling refreshed and ready to go. This also means that I’ve been eating out a lot less and packing my lunch a lot more, making my wallet very happy, too!
- Shot my third calendar with my dance team. This past Sunday, we headed to the shore (brrr!) to shoot our 2015 calendar. I have to say that all those gym trips had some real motivation behind them! We were lucky to get a relatively mild day with some sun, but the wind did pick up mid-way through the afternoon. The shoot went very well and it was great to spend some time with the girls outside of the studio.
- Participated in the beta group of 30 Days of Gutsy. Jess has set up this fantastic course all about developing & achieving goals, conquering obstacles, and more. We’re just about halfway through now, and I’ve already learned a lot about how I work, what habits will better me, and how to really push myself to the next level. Stay tuned for more details on what I’ve been working on! I very much recommend giving her blog a follow, as well as checking out the course when it becomes available in 2015.
In December, I will…
- Table a third major event for the Lehigh Valley Ale Trail. Last month, we hit up the Split Rock Beer Festival and December brings the Fegley’s Brew Works Craft Beer Festival. These events are always fun for me to attend, not only as a beer-lover, but also to get the word out about the Ale Trail project.
- Wrap up a few big projects- at work and beyond. I’m hoping to finish out a handful of tasks around the office this month, as well as get a bulk of work under my belt at the dance studio. I’ll be taking on some additional classes starting next week, but I’m hoping to wrap up all my pieces for competition by the end of the year.
- Take some much-needed time off! I haven’t had a real break in a few years now, and I’m really looking forward to giving myself a very needed vacation at the end of the month. I’ll be utilizing the end of my vacation days around the Christmas holiday, giving myself a solid week with nothing to do- no work, no dance classes! Actual vacation plans are still TBD, but I’m counting down the days regardless!