This week’s edition of Web Wanderings takes a little different twist. In addition to the Links I Love for the week, I’m also going to be including some favorite blog posts, words of wisdom, and more from around the web. Consider it a glimpse into the craziness of my week!
Links I Love
- Behind the Scenes: Sia’s Elastic Heart video shoot. With the release of this beautiful piece from Sia came an awful lot of drama. The video features Maddie Ziegler of Dance Moms fame, along with actor Shia LaBeouf. This video gives a bit of insight on what inspired the story and how it all came together. (Bonus: another fantastic performance of this song which aired on Ellen this week)
- #sleevebucks: Taking Starbucks coffee sleeves and turning them into pretty drawings. My personal favorite is the Hermione Granger sketch- if you know me, you know I love all things Harry Potter!
- Dancer Freezes Time: Okay, so this is an ad for powdered milk/coffee creamer/something of that sort. But the images the photographer was able to capture are absolutely stunning. Am I crazy for thinking that these would make beautiful wall art?
Favorite Reads & Inspiration
- Walk on the Wild side: Cheryl Strayed’s 1,000-mile hike: I read Wild cover to cover in one sitting and am absolutely dying to see the film.
- Are You At War?: Maxie McCoy is one of my favorite writers. It seems that her words always hit home at just the right time.
- Get Gutsy Week Wrap-Up: I was thrilled to be a part of Jessica Lawlor’s 2nd Annual Get Gutsy essay contest this year. At the end of the contest she brought everyone together for a week full of gutsy-ness, which included an awesome Twitter chat. You can see the summary of the chat here, and be sure to have a look at my contribution to the Get Gutsy essay contest. The full list of entries are available to read on her site as well.
Quote of the Week
“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
Cheers to the weekend, even though it’s looking cold & snowy!