At the start of each month, I take a look back at the past few weeks and highlight three things that I accomplished, as well as three highlights for the month to come. It’s a nice way for me to check in and see how things have progressed over time. Like the idea? Feel free to make it your own! Leave a comment below, I’d love to follow along with your updates!
We all know that February is the shortest month, but it’s amazing how those three little days make such a difference. Another month has flown by, and here I am struggling with the fact that I still haven’t made the strides that I wanted to. Baby steps, baby steps.
Regardless, there are still some highlights to be proud of, and some exciting things to look forward to in the month ahead!
In February, I…
- Celebrated the one-year anniversary of launching the Lehigh Valley Ale Trail. This has been one of my favorite projects to work on over the last year, and I’m loving the additions that have been made recently. Check out the editorial content that I’ve been developing, and will continue with bi-weekly.
- Spent a day with my parents. My mom & dad came down to visit for a Saturday, and we spent the day wandering about in Easton. I picked up some additions to my antique coffee tin collection. My dad helped hang some shelves in the apartment for me- I see an Ikea trip in the near future!
- Reminded myself that I am lucky to live the life I have. Mid-January through the first week of February was sort of a rough time for me personally. I let myself be sad for a few days, but then realized that I am happy being me. Sometimes it takes a hard time to see the truth, but it’s nice to feel comfortable in my own skin.
On my last check in, I also set three goals for myself for the month of February. Here’s how I did on those:
- Read three new books: Half completed. I made it through two, so that’s better than I was doing previously!
- Try three new recipes: whomp whomp. I didn’t do much cooking throughout February, and my bank account is definitely feeling it.
- Research/purchase a domain name: Success! If you didn’t notice, you can now access this site via KaitieBurger.com!
In March, I will…
- Travel to Boston for work. This is our first year having a booth at the AAA Travel Marketplace, held at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA. Here’s hoping for no snow over the time that we’re there!
- Head to New York City for a weekend with the dance studio. We’re taking a bus up to the city for the kids to take some classes and will also be catching a Saturday evening show of Matilda on Broadway. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a new show, and I’m excited to spend time in the city with the girls.
- Wrap up the prep for competition season. The finishing touches are being completed over the next two weeks, and then we’ll spend the final classes cleaning and perfecting each step so that we’ll be ready to take the stage in April.
As far as some goals to tackle in March, I’m hoping to…
- Publish three posts a week on this blog. Time to push those excuses aside and get to work!
- Start a ‘bullet journal.’ I read about this last week, and am loving the idea.
- Cross three books off my reading list.
Cheers to a productive month ahead, and a few steps closer to a sunshine-filled spring!