The first few days of May slipped away from me before I could get things moving here. Better late than never? Sure. Yet again, another jam-packed month is in the books. I’m powering through the next six weeks until recital season comes to a close, and there’s no slowing down before then.
April was a pretty great month and May is shaping up to be even better. Take a look at what was accomplished and what’s to come!
In April, I…
- Cheered on my students at their first competition of the season. I was (and still am) beyond proud of what the girls accomplished to prepare for their first big performance. All of my dances scored very well, each receiving at least 290 points out of 300.
- Celebrated the 2.5 year mark at work. I can’t believe it’s been that long since I started at this position! I’ve definitely learned a lot in my time here and am excited to see what the future has in store. One thing I’m super pumped about? Lots of writing in my future.
- Enjoyed some of the best live music. We all know that I love concerts, and April had two of the best to date. I caught a show from Tycho & Alt-J when I was visiting Molly in North Carolina. Just a week later, I got to see Sufjan Stevens perform to a sold-out crowd at the Academy of Music in Philly. Did I mention our seats were in the second row? Yea, it was pretty great.
In May, I will…
- Wrap up two dance-related things. I’ve got two more competitions coming up this month, one with each studio I teach at. I’ll also close out my third season dancing with the Precious Metal Dance Team. This year’s move to the brand new arena has been fun, but I’ll welcome some much needed time off!
- Focus on me. With so many things going on, I’ve let taking care of myself take a back seat. I’ve definitely felt the repercussions of that, and am geared up to kick off some lifestyle changes just in time for the summer months.
- Turn 25! My birthday is just under two weeks away, and I’m excited to spend some time with friends & family. Last year on my birthday I launched my 101 in 1001 project, so stay tuned on updates on that!
Here’s to a new month, sunshine, and as many outdoor brunches as I can handle!